At Bon Secours Health System, we are committed to help people to wholeness.
We are committed to bringing people to health and wholeness, and our Spiritual Care Services enable us to further live up to our mission. Through our professional team of caregivers, Bon Secours provides services designed to address the whole person: body, mind, and spirit focusing especially on the spiritual dimensions of health and illness. Through the various activities and programs of the different aspects of Spiritual Care Services, we journey with patients, families, staff, physicians, and community toward healing, imbued with compassion, leading all to liberation.
Holistic Health Integration
Holistic Health Integration promotes the integration of mind, body, and spirit in an effort to create a more healing environment for our patients, their families and our staff. Some of the current programs that reflect this balanced approach include the following:
- INSPIR, a research study exploring the intersection of spirituality and health
- A Perinatal Loss Program providing individual and group support following miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant loss
- Critical Incident Teams trained to respond to community crises
- Participation in Annual National Healthcare Decisions Day with information and assistance in making an Advance Directive
- Bereavement consultation and support following loss of staff
Ministry Outreach Services provide a compassionate spiritual care and hospitality presence for all who enter our hospitals, including physicians, staff and members of the clergy as they minister to our patients and families. Conveying the message that Bon Secours is a Catholic organization, strongly rooted in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, Ministry Outreach seeks to offer personal contact, active listening, advocacy and hospitality.
Bon Secours Health System Pastoral Care Department and its chaplains commit to:
- Provide service to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Offer sacramental ministry
- Assist with advance medical directives
- Support opportunities for spiritual reflection
- Connect you with your own clergy or faith community as you desire
- Provide confidential counsel to you and your family
- Present opportunities for corporate worship
- Refer you to appropriate religious resources and other materials
- Pray with you!
Faith Community Services (formerly Parish Nurse Network)
Faith Community Services is a network that offers opportunities for spiritual growth, mentoring, education, and community resources to faith community nurses (parish nurses), other allied health professionals, lay health ministers and congregations. Through its commitment to improve the health of the faith community, Bon Secours Faith Community Services:
- Trains registered nurses using the International Parish Nurse Resource Center curriculum.
- Trains lay health ministers and church leaders in health and wellness concepts to enable congregations in the development of a health ministry.
- Provides spiritual, supportive one-on-one consultation, theological reflections, devotions and prayers.
- Assists with individual and congregational health assessments and development of health/wellness programs.
- Acts as a referral resource to health and community agencies.
- Links health ministers with other ministries; local, state and national organizations and agencies, and program opportunities.
- For more information, please call (804) 627-5565.
To speak with a hospital chaplain, please call one of the numbers listed below. For 24-hour Emergency service, please dial (804) 287-PRAY, and ask the operator to page the chaplain on call.
St. Mary's Hospital: (804) 281-8393
Memorial Regional Medical Center: (804) 764-6829
Richmond Community Hospital: (804) 225-1721
St. Francis Medical Center: (804) 594-7970