We know that women often have unique needs, especially when it comes to internal medicine, and we specialize in addressing them. In fact, 70 percent of our patients are women, and our physicians are experts in caring for them. At Bon Secours, we have a physician that’s right for you.
Our internal medicine doctors offer many health services. They care for women of all ages and are specialists in general illnesses, chronic conditions, and many rare conditions. We also offer primary care services such as well-woman exams, diabetes care, and pre-pregnancy education. If you need a specialist, our internal medicine doctors will work with you to find the most appropriate and convenient one.
Our physicians can help with life’s greatest challenges from the loss of independence to a difficult pregnancy. We always will treat you with compassion and ensure you get the best care available. Our physicians also can help you and your family become healthier, lose weight, and prevent future weight-related illnesses.
In addition, our internal medicine practitioners are experts in many conditions, including:
- Cardiac issues and screening, with consultation and referral to a cardiologist when necessary
- Diabetes and gestational diabetes
- Herpes zoster
- Menopause-related issues, before, during, and after
- Osteoporosis and bone loss prevention
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Pre-conception counseling
- Reproductive health
- Seasonal illnesses, such as flu or pneumonia
- Urinary incontinence and urinary tract infections
For a list of Bon Secours internal medicine providers, click here.