building competent, confident and compassionate practitioners as integral members of the health care team.
The goal of the pharmacy residency program is to gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes and abilities necessary to independently and competently optimize pharmacotherapy outcomes through direct patient care and pharmacy practice management. At the conclusion of the program, the Bon Secours Pharmacy Practice resident will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency, confidence and compassion in providing direct patient care to diverse populations;
- demonstrate professionalism and effective communication skills in all components of pharmacy practice;
- optimize pharmacotherapy and safe medication practices;
- provide effective education to health care professionals;and
- apply clinical and outcomes research concepts to professional practice.