Steps to the student Internship/Rotation Experience at Bon Secours:
- Your school must have a current Affiliation Agreement with Bon Secours.
- A preceptor/supervisor must be available to work with student for the duration of their internship.
- The following pieces of information are required, and the cost of all required documentation and screenings is the responsibility of the student:
- Completed application packet.
- MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella immunization records/titers)
- TB (PPD, T-Spot within one year or chest x-ray within five years)
- Flu shot (current strain, usually covering October - May)
- Criminal Background check (CastleBranch preferred)
- Drug Screen - 10-panel, non-regulated urine drug screens can be done at Concentra or a physician’s office. We do not have an account with any agency – no code or paperwork can be given by Bon Secours.
Once all materials have been received, orientation will be scheduled with the Manager, Volunteer and Student Programs and upon completion students are ready to begin their internships/rotations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Melissa Sharlat, Manager, Volunteer and Student Programs at Melissa_sharlat@bshsi.org or 410-362-3683.