The St. Francis Spine Triage Center treats patients with acute and chronic back and neck conditions that are the result of trauma, illness, or aging. It features a team of specialists trained in neurosurgery, orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, sports medicine, and comprehensive pain management.
Non-Surgical Treatment for Back and Neck Pain
Patients undergo a process of assessment and treatment ranging from specialized physical therapy to aggressive non-surgical management, to surgical intervention if necessary. Many patients benefit from a combination of medication, specialized physical therapy, and/or a prescribed home exercise program. Others may benefit from epidural steroid injections, pain management or surgical intervention. In those cases, the triage physician will refer you to the appropriate specialist.
We see most patients within 5 days of a physician referral. During the first visit, you will have a physician evaluation and any necessary tests will be ordered. Our multidisciplinary approach helps ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatment from the right specialist physician at the right time.
Physical Therapy for Back and Neck Pain
At St. Francis, there is a group of designated physical therapists who have received specialized training to treat patients with back and neck conditions. These therapists use a variety of techniques emphasizing one-on-one care, manual therapy and exercise to allow their patients to overcome back or neck issues.
These spine therapists are available at our outpatient rehabilitation clinics:
- St. Francis Therapy Center Downtown
- St. Francis Therapy Center Eastside
- St. Francis Therapy Center Furman Sportsmedicine
- St. Francis Therapy Center Millennium
- St. Francis Therapy Center Patewood
- St. Francis Therapy Center Powdersville
- St. Francis Therapy Center Simpsonville
- St. Francis Therapy Center Smith Therapy
- St. Francis Therapy Center Sportsclub Five Forks
- St. Francis Therapy Center Sportsclub Greenville
Each patient will be followed closely by a Spine Navigator. Their primary role is to assist patients and their families through the treatment plan, provide education, and promote communication between the Spine Triage Center and the patient's primary care physician.
- Eastside- 131 Commonwealth Dr., Suite 110, Greenville, SC 29615
- Downtown- 317 St. Francis Dr., Suite 310, Greenville, SC 29601