At the St. Francis Heart Center, all types of heart, lung and vascular conditions are treated. We treat emergencies like heart attacks, as well as manage prolonged heart issues like congestive heart failure. Our center offers:
- Innovative Cardiac Care Unit that blends the latest technology with patient-focused design
- Chest Pain Center available 24/7
- A Heart Care Navigator who works with patients and families to ensure they fully understand the treatment plan
- Heart facilities that are in close proximity to ensure you're always steps away from any service you may need
- The most advanced technology available to diagnose and treat our patients
- Skilled and caring staff that are specially-trained in caring for cardiac patients
We Treat Heart Attacks 3X Faster Than the National Standard
St. Francis Downtown currently treats heart attacks within an average of 32 minutes from the time the patient arrives at the hospital. The national standard is 90 minutes.
We also have received an award from the American Heart Association called the Mission: LifeLine Gold Quality Achievement Award that recognizes our success in providing the highest standard of care for heart attack patients. Hospitals who have received this award, like St. Francis Downtown, are shown to ensure heart attack patients get the right care as quickly as possible. The award also recognizes that we continually improve our systems for caring for heart attack patients and provide critical education and risk reducing therapies.
Highest National Rating in Heart Surgery
The Society for Thoracic Surgeons has rated Bon Secours St. Francis Health System the highest in the United States for heart surgery quality.
- Lowest 30-day Heart Failure Readmission Rate in U.S., Becker’s Hospital Review
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care , Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Institute for Quality Cardiac Care, Aetna
- Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers, American Heart Association