- St. Francis Downtown and St. Francis Eastside maintain an open visitor policy, welcoming visitors anytime day or night, any day throughout the year.
- Visitors should sign in with Security after 9:00 p.m.
- Depending upon a patients health status, visiting hours may be restricted or limited. Some units will designate their own visiting hours dependent upon patient and unit needs.
- Nursing or Security, depending upon the patient or hospital needs, may limit the number of guests visiting a patient at any given time.
- One visitor or family member per patient is welcome to stay overnight. Most patient rooms have a chair that reclines, and a pillow and linens are provided for overnight guests.
- Children ages 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Nursing will consult with all visitors bringing children into the hospital on any special safety requirements or stipulations needed before the child is allowed into the patients room. Children may not be left unattended at any time
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms should not visit hospital patients.
- Any visitors displaying flu-like symptoms may be asked to discontinue their visit.
- Visitation is restricted entirely for all minors 18 years of age and younger in the Neonatal Care Unit at St. Francis Eastside.
Protecting our Health
For the protection of our patients, all family members and visitors are asked not to visit if they have a fever, cold, sore throat or any other symptoms of illness. Do not visit a patient until the symptoms are gone.
At St. Francis, we stress the importance of hand hygiene. Health care workers may use alcohol sanitizer or soap and water; we encourage our patients and visitors to be involved in infection prevention by keeping your hands clean, most especially after coughing, sneezing, touching a sick patient or using the restroom. Hand hygiene stations are located at the main entrances of our hospitals.
For the protection of our patients, plants and flowers cannot be received by patients in the Cancer or Intensive Care Units.
We offer free parking for all patients and their guests. Parking is available in front of both hospitals, and handicapped spaces can be found on the front rows at the entrances of St. Francis facilities.
St. Francis Downtown and the St. Francis Outpatient Center offer free valet parking for all patients, families, and visitors. A shuttle service is available in the St. Francis Downtown parking lot between 5:45 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All Bon Secours St. Francis locations are tobacco-free.
Gift shops are located in the lobby of St. Francis Downtown, on the first floor of St. Francis Eastside,and on the first floor of the St. Francis Cancer Center.
Downtown: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday 11:00AM-4:00 PM, Closed Sunday
Eastside: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM, Closed Saturday and Sunday
Cancer Center: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM, Closed Saturday and Sunday