The 2017 Junior Volunteer Application will be available March 2, 2017.
Volunteering is a serious commitment of time and energy at the Junior Volunteer Program at Mary Immaculate Hospital. Our program offers teens an opportunity to engage in a service project that is both rewarding and educational.
The Administration and staff of Mary Immaculate consider junior volunteers a valuable resource and an asset to our job of caring for the sick and suffering. For that reason, a Junior Volunteer at Mary Immaculate is expected to be the kind of person who has the desire to be of service to others, shows compassion for others, and shows patience in all situations.
How do I apply?
In order to become a Junior Volunteer at Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, you must complete the following process:
Are there any other requirements?
- Must be 14 years of age by December 31st the previous year.
- At least a 2.0 GPA/C average.
- Online application and all attached paperwork must be filled out completely and submitted to the Volunteer Department no later than April 28, 2017.
- Able to attend a scheduled volunteer interview.
- Able to volunteer at least four (4) hours per week for a minimum of six (6) weeks.
- Read and understand the Policies and Procedures.
- The purchase of a volunteer t-shirt is required
The Junior program starts July 10, 2017 and finishes August 18, 2017. It is very important that you think carefully about how much time you are able to give during the summer. Think about time needed for family vacations, band, sports, employment and other commitments. Please read over the attached Polices and Procedures and make sure you are able to meet the requirements before completing the online application.
Acceptance and placement is determined by the discretion of the Volunteer Department after a personal interview and the review of teacher recommendation forms. There are many volunteer opportunities in various departments throughout the hospital and not all include working with patients. There are no hands-on positions for volunteers.
If you have any questions about our program or its policies, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.Gwendolyn Appleton
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital