Working collaboratively with area Free Clinics, Bon Secours has created a network to provide care for the uninsured and improved coordination amongst healthcare providers.
Support provided to Free Clinics includes:
- Salary support for physicians
- Salary support for nurse practitioners
- Salary support for medical directorships
- Lab services for free clinic patients
- Medication delivery from the Community Pharmacy to area Free Clinics
- Programmatic Support
- Operating Funds
- Funding for respite care for the homeless
- In-kind outpatient services
- In-kind inpatient services
- Physician volunteers
- Nurse volunteers
- Spanish lessons
Bon Secours Richmond Health System provides financial and in-kind support to these organizations but does not support programs that are inconsistent with its Catholic identity.