Bon Secours Maria Manor’s short-term rehabilitation program is carefully designed and tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Throughout its long-tenured history, Maria Manor has been recognized by The Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services as a five-star facility, presented with the Florida Gold Seal by the Governor’s Panel on Long-Term Care Excellence, and maintained accreditation by the Joint Commission. We are dedicated to providing extraordinary care that is person-centric and focused on the healing & comfort of you and your loved ones. Our demonstrated improvement in functional outcomes, the facility-acquired infection rate, and the re-hospitalization rate are all carefully monitored and exceed industry standards.
Given that Maria Manor is one of the largest nursing homes in Pinellas County, we have therapists who are onsite seven-days a week to work with patients one-on-one per the physician’s order for therapy. In addition to the patient’s dedicated nurse, there is an RN Nursing Supervisor in the building at all times to oversee and respond to any care needs. We employ a full-time wound care nurse who specializes in the treatment of surgical incisions, pressure ulcers, and other wounds. Each patient’s interdisciplinary team consists of the primary care physician, nurses led by a dedicated Unit Manager, therapists, a medical social worker, a dietary consultant, and activity coordinator led by our licensed recreational therapist. The full interdisciplinary team works closely with you and your loved ones to set attainable goals for discharge to home. Our goal is to maximize the independence, comfort and safety of every patient.
As the only Catholic nursing home in Pinellas County, we place a special emphasis on not just physical wellbeing but also emotional and spiritual care. Members of the pastoral care team are always available to meet with you and your loved ones to address any spiritual needs. Mass is held daily in our onsite chapel and we hold an inter-faith service on Sunday. Services are also broadcasted on the in-house TV channel and patients can request that communion be delivered to them at the bedside if they are unable to attend mass.
Medical Coordination, Palliative Care & Hospice
Our staff are happy to coordinate any other medical services our patients may require during their short-term stay. Our credentialed primary care physicians, specialists, and ancillary providers including the podiatrist, audiologist, optometrist and dental hygienist see patients at the bedside or at a convenient location onsite. In concert with short-term rehabilitative services, we also work closely with Empath Health | Suncoast Hospice to provide palliative care and hospice support services.
Bon Secours Maria Manor offers the following services:
• Physical rehabilitation, occupational, and speech therapy with therapists on-site seven days a week
• Renovated geri-gym with full-size kitchen, washer & dryer, full-size bathroom, and multi-surface training & stairs for home/community re-integration
• Adaptive equipment consults & training
• Cognitive retraining
• VitalStim technology – neuromuscular electrical stimulation for dysphagia
• Vestibular therapy – special evaluation & treatment for residents suffering from frequent falls
• 24/7 RN Coverage with an RN Nursing Supervisor onsite during every shift every day
• Full-time wound care nurse
• Specialized Alzheimer’s & dementia care with a secure memory care unit & garden
• Daily mass & weekly inter-faith service coordinated by our full-time pastoral care team
• A full calendar of onsite activities seven days a week coordinated by our full-time recreational therapy team – activities include live music, Tai Chi, fine arts, guest speakers & entertainers
• Onsite library, computer access, and guest Wi-Fi throughout facility
• Restaurant-style dining with extended meal-time hours
• Full-service hair salon & nail services
• Gift shop