The mission of Bon Secours Health System is to bring compassion to health care and to be good help to those in need, especially those who are poor and dying.
Guided by our values, each Bon Secours employee carriers forward this mission every day. Our mission has not changed in the nearly two centuries since the first Sisters of Bon Secours brought compassionate care to those in need on the streets of Paris.
While our mission has not changed, the world in which we carry out that mission has changed a great deal. Health care in the 21st century is a complex enterprise, governed by legal and regulatory standards, policies and various other requirements.
The Code of Conduct is an important expression of our commitment to respond to these many complex requirements, always remaining true to our enduring values.
The Code of Conduct truly is A Foundation for Right Relationships. It is a foundation for:
- Relationships with those we serve, such as patients, residents, family members and communities;
- Relationships with one another, our co-workers throughout the ministry of Bon Secours;
- Relationships with those with whom we partner, such as co-owners, physicians, and other health care providers and vendors;
- Relationships with those who oversee our industry, such as commercial insurers and governmental agencies who pay for the care we provide; and
- Relationships with external entities that influence the way we operate, such as industry and financial analysts, competitors and the media.