Primary Care is Important
- One point of contact for care. When you have a primary care physician, you have a “medical home.” This means you have one place to go for your health needs, whether you have the flu, an infection, or just don’t feel like yourself.
- Your Primary Care provider knows your health history. Because you see the same Primary Care provider year after year, he or she knows what is normal for you, and can identify symptoms of chronic diseases early.
- Preventive care. Your Primary Care provider can perform or order health screenings and tests to identify any potential issues before they cause symptoms.
- Manage chronic health problems. If you have an ongoing health issue like diabetes or high blood pressure, your Primary Care provider can be your partner in managing those conditions.
- Your Primary Care provider can coordinate screenings and specialist referrals. He or she can keep on top of what screenings you should be having, and provide referrals to specialists if needed.
Types of Primary Care Providers
Family Medicine Doctors
Physicians and nurse practitioners certified in Family Medicine can provide care for all ages. The can see children, teens, adults and seniors so your entire family can go to the same place. Many Family Medicine practitioners provide women’s care like breast exams and Pap tests. They can treat infections, flu, digestive problems, skin issues and much more. In addition to treating illnesses or issues that suddenly arise, they also manage and coordinate treatment of ongoing conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
Internal Medicine Doctors
Those certified in Internal Medicine treat adults only. Some have further specialization in Geriatrics, the treatment of senior adults. Like Family Medicine physicians, they treat illnesses as well as manage and coordinate treatment of ongoing health conditions.
Why Choose Bon Secours
|Convenient locations. With dozens of practices located throughout the region, we’re sure to have a practice convenient to you.|
|Access to specialists. Our Primary Care providers are part of a larger network of physicians, specialists and facilities. When you choose a Bon Secours Primary Care provider, you’ll have access to some of the most respected specialists in the region.|
|MyChart. As a Bon Secours patient, you’ll have access to MyChart - the website and app that lets you make appointments, ask your doctor a question, check lab results, and much more.
|Faith-based healthcare. At Bon Secours, we’re part of something bigger. With locations throughout the east coast and ministries across the globe, we are serious about our mission to provide Good Help to Those in Need. Including you.|
Primary Care Physicians in Baltimore
Find a Primary Care provider! Use our Find a Doctor tool to find the right doctor for you.