Our Guiding Principles
To have the greatest impact, we focus our efforts on:
- Building Healthy Communities: Event and community benefit support of organizations partnering with Bon Secours Mission Department in the delivery of critical programs and services for the community.
- Healthcare: Support organizations providing healthcare-related education, research and direct services to the community.
- Catholic Identity: Support of Catholic-related organizations on behalf of their work in the local community.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Support of initiatives that embrace the unique gifts, traditions, and perspectives of all individuals in accordance with the mission and values of Bon Secours.
- Community Transformation/Ecological & Green: Support of community organizations focused on transformative issues impacting the quality of life and holistic health in our service area. Support of internal/external ecological and green initiatives that address and improve community health.
Priority will be given to programs/events aligning with Bon Secours’ guiding principles. Please be advised Bon Secours does not support the following:
- Political, labor, or fraternal organizations.
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours.
- Individual fundraising or fellowship assistance.
- Activities where a significant portion of the funding leaves the immediate community.
- Organizations who fail to provide a follow-up report for previous support provided by Bon Secours.
Funding Request Process
- Each sponsorship request must be submitted via bonsecours.com/Greenville and must have an Internal Champion, who agrees to represent the requesting/external organization.
- The Internal Champion must complete the Internal Champion Responsibilities form and submit it to the Sponsorship Executive Committee Chairperson, who is the Director of Advocacy and Community Affairs.
- A current W9 for the requesting organization must be included with application and the application form is complete.
- All sponsorship funding requests will be evaluated using the Guiding Principles/Funding Considerations and Funding Restrictions outlined above.
- All sponsorship requests must be reviewed by the Sponsorship Executive Committee, which currently meets the third Wednesday of the month.
- The Executive Committee Sponsorship Chairperson will notify the Internal Champion and external organization of the Executive Committee’s decision in writing.
- Processing of payments will be handled by the Chairperson after Internal Champion receives the invoice.
Requests will be not considered by the Committee if:
- Received less than two weeks prior to the meeting. It will be considered the next meeting.
- All forms are not complete.
- Or if marketing deadline is within 1 month of request. Only applies if marketing material is needed.
For more information, please email Mrs. Walker Smith.