Women should have a yearly mammogram starting at age 40, unless your physician recommends you have your first mammogram sooner. The Pearlie Harris Center for Breast Health at St. Francis has everything it takes to make your next mammogram comfortable, pleasant and fast. We offer:
- Fast and accurate readings. Our three digital mammography machines at St. Francis Eastside mean many women can get an appointment within one week and are in and out in about 30 minutes. Our full field digital mammography technology delivers less radiation than traditional mammography machines and easier interpretation by physicians.
- Flexible hours. For your convenience, we are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday hours are 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon two weekends per month.
- An extra set of eyes. All mammography patients at St. Francis have their results screened by the ICAD ImageChecker, a computerized system that detects abnormal patterns that human eyes cannot.
- Special touches. At St. Francis, you can expect privacy and modesty during your exam, and little luxuries like private dressing rooms, tea, hot chocolate and coffee service.
Scheduling Your Mammogram
Call 864-675-4101, option 1 to schedule the date and time of your appointment. The Pearlie Harris Center for Breast Health is open Monday-Saturday, with evening appointments available on weekdays.
You can also use the My Chart website or app to schedule your screening mammogram and to obtain your results. When using MyChart, your mammogram results are available in just two to three days. At this time, diagnostic mammograms may not be scheduled via MyChart.
You may also complete your pre-registration over the phone, saving some time with paperwork when you arrive for your appointment.
When You Schedule Your Appointment
Please have the following available:
- Primary insurance information, including policy and ID numbers
- Secondary insurance information, including policy and ID numbers
- Emergency contact and phone number
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Insurance card
- Picture ID
- Previous mammogram films, if done at another facility. This will expedite the interpretation of your exam.
On the Day of Your Appointment
- Do not use any powder, lotion, perfume, or oils on your upper body
- Do not use any deodorant
- Wear a two-piece outfit for ease of changing