Bon Secours Family Focus provides an array of services to families, which include parent education classes, support groups for parents and caregivers, the Al's Pal's preschool program and parent-child interactive learning groups. Additional programs are available for Hispanic parents, (Circulo de Padres Hispanos at First Baptist Church and St. George's Episcopal).
Three main goals direct all of our programs and activities: to reduce parent isolation by increasing parent-to-parent support and linking families to valuable community resources, to increase parents' knowledge of childhood behaviors and development through parent education, to promote positive nurturing parenting practices.
For parents and children, we cover the entire developmental spectrum with a variety of classes to include health and safety related topics:
- Infant Nurturing Program: For parents and their infant. Infant stimulation exercises to music and discussion of topics related to parenting a newborn.
- Al's Pals - Kids Making Healthy Choices Learning Program: For children ages 3 to 5 years. Developing children's cognitive, social, and emotional skills.
- 123 Magic: For parents with children 5 to 12 years
- Active Parenting: For parents with children 1 to 12 years
- Active Parenting of Teens: For parents with teenagers
- The Nurturing Program: A more comprehensive series for parents
- Parents Raising Safe Kids
- Co-Parenting - In the Child's Best Interest
- Step Families - Bringing the Pieces to Peace
- Building Personal Power: For preteens and teens
- Health Education and Literacy Program
On the Peninsula
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
2 Bernardine Drive
Newport News, VA 23602
Family Focus - Stoneybrook/Lee Hall
St. George's Episcopal Church
15446 Warwick Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23608
Family Focus - Midtown
First Baptist Church Newport News
12716 Warwick Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23606
On the Southside
Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center
150 Kingsley Lane
Norfolk, VA 23505
3636 High Street
Portsmouth, VA 23707
For more information on any of these programs please contact Delores Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 886-6511.