Bon Secours has inpatient and outpatient programs for the treatment of substance abuse and psychiatric medicine.
The inpatient center is Maryview Behavioral Medicine Center, located on the campus of Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth.
Chemical Dependency Consultation and Intervention Services
This service is designed to recognize and treat chemical dependency in medical/surgical patients and to reduce the complications associated with chemical dependency. This service is provided by selectively trained members of Maryview's chemical dependency service and includes medical, nursing and counseling services.
- Pre-surgical detoxification
- Post-surgical medication management
- Consultation and intervention
- Referral Services
Turning Point - A Treatment Alternative For Drug And Alcohol Dependency
This intensive outpatient program is a service of Maryview Chemical Dependency Services.
Turning Point is designed to help the addicted person learn to live without alcohol and drugs and help the family understand and participate in the recovery process.
Each individual is assessed to determine the appropriate level of care. If hospitalization is necessary, Turning Point Staff will help facilitate admission. Upon discharge from medical detoxification, the patient can continue treatment.
Issues Addressed With Turning Point
- Tools of recovery
- Individual issues (depression, sexual abuse, anger, etc.)
- What has worked in the past
- How to do more of what works
- Relapse triggers
- Drug specific relapse prevention work
- Individual relapse prevention plan development
Typically held three days per week.
- Monday -- 2 hours group therapy/1 hour education
- Wednesday -- group therapy followed by 12-Step meeting
- Friday -- education with family followed by 12-Step meeting
Group therapy sessions combine process group, experimental work and role play. Emphasis will be given to Solution Focus Therapy and Gorski's Model of Relapse Prevention. Turning Point utilizes 12-Step meetings and philosophy as tools of recovery.
To speak to a Crisis Intervention Counselor, please call 757-398-2400.