Cross-Cultural Services enhance the quality of our person-centered care through a better understanding of the many aspects of diversity, including ethnicity, language, religion, disability, gender, and much more. The Office of Cross-Cultural Services provides comprehensive language services, and serves as a resource for employees as well as for patients and families.
Comprehensive Language Services
- Multilingual medical interpretation and document translation for persons with limited English, those who are sight impaired, and persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Services available at each hospital, physician practice, the mobile Care-A-Van, and at other ancillary services, e.g. imaging, diabetes centers, etc.
- Interpreter training and in-servicing for bilingual and multilingual staff
Other Cross-Cultural Services
- Cultural and multilingual navigator for patients and staff
- Staff education in Diversity, Inclusion & Cultural Competence
- Diversity & Inclusion employee teams on all campuses
- Collaboration with diverse community associations
Bon Secours has a long-standing commitment to Peru and Haiti, and is building a strategy to support sustainable health care in certain other developing countries as well.
- a global outreach program organized by the Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing that prepares students to serve medical needs;
- mission care funds through the Bon Secours Foundation;
- a partnership with Salva Vida, an orthopaedic outreach, and Midwives for Haiti, which focuses on maternal and child health care;
- and employee initiatives and medical outreach, including medical teams, medications, supplies, and other in-kind support.
For more about Global Ministries, contact Camille_Grippon@bshsi.org.