If you or someone you know has experienced a crime, we can help! The forensic nurses of St. Mary’s Hospital provide care to individuals who have experienced:
- Child abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse
- Domestic violence
- Intimate partner violence
- Elder abuse
- Work place violence
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month >> view our flyer
What should you do?
If you or someone you know is in need of services please go to St. Mary’s Emergency Department and request to speak with the forensic nurse. Our team is available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
What to expect when you come into the Emergency Department:
- First, you will be seen by a physician.
- The forensic nurse will be consulted.
- If evidence collection is requested, the forensic nurse will come to the Emergency Department to speak to you.
- Depending on the specifics of the events, the forensic nurse may examine you and collect evidence. We respect your privacy by maintaining a private area of St. Mary's Hospital for this process.
- The forensic nurse will review any medications that will be given.
- The forensic nurse will review discharge instructions with you.
Not sure if you should come in?