Bon Secours Hospice offers free grief and bereavement services. Our programs offer opportunities to hear from others, share stories about your loved one who died, and explore different ideas to cope.
Anyone in the community is welcome to attend these grief programs:
- Grief Workshops – Monthly classes for adults that include a short presentation about grief and coping facilitated by a counselor with a small group discussion
- Support Groups – Small group sharing led by a clinician; eight-week sessions for adults typically using Alan Wolfelt’s book, Understanding Your Grief; specialty bereavement groups include LGBT, Young Adults (18-30 years old), 30-Something, and Collage/Scrapbooking
- Referrals – Contact information provided for additional resources
- Service of Remembrance – Memorial service each spring and fall for anyone to remember and honor a loved one who died
Families who experienced the death of a loved one under Bon Secours Hospice care can also receive:
- Individual Counseling – An opportunity to discuss your individual needs and receive support; offered to people of all ages
Review our current program calendar.
Registration is required. All services are free of charge.
Click here for additional Bereavement Support Groups in the Richmond area.
Bon Secours Hospice || Bereavement Services || 804-433-4710 || email@example.com
Hospice Office (Northside): 8580 Magellan Parkway, Richmond, VA 23227
Community Hospice House (Southside): 1133 Old Bon Air Road, Richmond, VA 23235