Pediatric dentists are specially trained to provide comprehensive dental care to infants, children and adolescents. These specialists have additional residency training following dental school and limit their practice to treating children. Our board-certified pediatric dentists promote good oral health as one component that contributes to overall wellness.
Our highly skilled pediatric dentists are dedicated to caring for children who may need the following services:
- Preventive dentistry such as oral health education, fluoride, cleaning and sealants
- Emergency care at the office or St. Mary’s Hospital Emergency Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Sedation and anesthesia to deliver a stress-free dental experience
- Hospital care and consultation
- Orofacial growth and development guidance (e.g., braces)
- Routine restorative dentistry
- Oral surgical procedures|
Children are not small adults, and our pediatric dentistry team approaches the care of our littlest patients differently, beginning with age one infant oral health checks at the age of 1 as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
6900 Forest Avenue, Suite 110
Richmond, VA 23230