With world-class physicians and top-notch technology right here in Hampton Roads, your heart is in very good hands. Over the years, Bon Secours doctors and surgical team members have introduced breakthrough techniques to patients in Hampton Roads, including procedures that combine the skills of the open heart surgeon and electrophysiologist, who together provide innovative treatment for irregular heartbeats.
The team of cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons at Bon Secours Heart and Vascular Institute cover each facet of the heart. They focus on irregular heartbeats, valvular heart disease, and other heart conditions. This specialization ultimately gives patients more personalized treatment and better outcomes.
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center is home to one of only four open heart programs in Hampton Roads Bon Secours Marview has the following:
- Progressive cardiac intensive care unit
- Two state-of-the-art open heart surgical suites
- An advanced cardiac care unit
- Telemetry technology
- Cardiac and vascular diagnostic services
- Two cardiac cath labs
- An electrophysiology lab
The clinical team from the Bon Secours Heart and Vascular Institute operates a state of the art, fully digital cardiac catheterization laboratory at Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center. At Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, cardiologists are trained in the latest procedures as well as wellness and therapeutic procedures.
Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center
- Echocardiography Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Laboratory Accreditation by IAC
Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View & Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation by SCPC
- Echocardiography Accreditation by IAC
- Peripheral Vascular Technology Accreditation by IAC
- Nuclear Cardiology Accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR)